Tuesday 26 March 2013

My apologies.

Hello again,

I must apologize for my lack of entries. I have been really busy these days with the students, an upcoming presentation at the Ministry and trying to make a muggle game work, things have been flying over my head quite a bit.

Anyway,  following my trend of checking out new animated movies, Turbo, seems to be about a snail, who has a dream of racing or at least being really fast.


Now, it might seem a little similar to Cars and perhaps contain the same family feel go type of scenarios but the whole point of it is that the underlying theme of the movie is about breaking out of your comfort zone and chasing your dreams. A very common theme among animated films but I do feel that some how, even in the magical world, society has been too harsh on people wanting to chase their dreams. Be it, financially, environmentally, different opportunities, number of openings, etc.

Honestly, it doesn't matter much in my opinion if it's a movie that is repeating the same type of family oriented plots. The excitement of going to watch a movie is to sit back and enjoy yourself, forgetting the day's work, indulge in laughter and fire up the old imagination, traveling to different worlds.


Here is another trailer and it provides a better understanding of how the movie will proceed and although it might have revealed the whole plot, I am still optimistic about this because in some ways, it kind of ties in neatly with what I've been feeling for the past few weeks.

It might be time for me to just sit back, relax, let work (magical or non-magical) hide in a corner while I go have some well-deserved fun. After all, it certainly does feel like I've been living on the fast lane for too long.

As always, leave me a comment and let me know what you think, or just say hi!

Farewell,
Lord Severus

No comments:

Post a Comment