Saturday 27 July 2013

The Wolverine (movie) - My thoughts


The Wolverine, an apparent immortal guy (I know a certain dark wizard that would be very interested in this person) who has shiny long blades extending from the flesh between his knuckles whenever he balls his hands into fists. First off, the poster looks really good. Seems to promise death and destruction to all who crossed his path (this should be exciting for those death eater wannabes). It also seems to suggests that the whole show seemed to revolve around Japan and it's Samurai.


Now witches and wizards (who swings that way, you know who you are), please refrain from kissing your screen, repeating 'Oh my god' countless times and not paying attention to what I'm saying here. Alright, alright. I'll give you a ten seconds. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (Yeah, I actually counted).

Now that you've already ogled, I'll bring your attention to the camera crew, lurking in the background. I don't really have a comment, just that it's one of those production stills from the movie. One thing I'll say about this scene though, it's a pretty interesting fight scene. The shirtless guy is of course the immortal, wolverine and the shorter guy is, well, a samurai. The apparent stalemate of fighting styles between wolverine and the samurai seems to suggest a hint of limits. Although wolverine is an immortal with superhuman strength, with the ability to heal quickly (I'm pretty sure Poppy would love to harness that for healing) and possessing claws that were made of the toughest known metal, he is unable to win fights immediately. Sometimes he would over power weak enemies, sometimes he would not and would result in fending off the enemy till the enemy is too tired thereby allowing him to deal the final blow or for him to pass out, allowing the enemy to run away (although most enemies would probably be killed or fended off by others).


As shown above, wolverine can be captured, immobilized, and rendered absolutely powerless to defend himself. The lady in green can be correctly interpreted as the femme fatale, the villian in the movie and although she is dressed in Slytherin green and is essentially a viper, she is by no means a representation of us (she is pretty cunning though). 

I can see how this would entice a muggle and transport them into a different world, allowing their imagination to roam wild, providing pleasure from a hard day of work or school or life in general. The plot is somewhat predictable but the action and graphics, I feel, makes up for that.

I give it a 3.5 out of 5 shirtless wolverines.

I've attached the trailer below for your enjoyment. 


As always, leave me a comment and let me know what you think, or just say hi!

Farewell,
Lord Severus

No comments:

Post a Comment