Tuesday 30 July 2013

Phantom of the Opera (musical) - My thoughts


Considered among one of the classics, the Phantom of the Opera is a long running musical. I recently had the opportunity to witness this form of muggle entertainment and I must say, I am utterly fascinated by it. From the tragic back story of the phantom, to the glitz and glamor of the parties thrown by the rich, to the underground river entrance, to the lair of the phantom. I was pleasantly enthralled by the beautiful sounding voices, belting out songs filled with emotion, hitting those notes with depth. It was truly an amazing experience.

The brilliant use of the stage, the genius usage of the props (it was as if these muggles knew magic), the bright, eye catching lights and colors that splashed across the set at the right times.


If you are someone who enjoys watching stories being performed live in front of you, often accompanied by an orchestra, this is one of them that you have to go to. The wonderfully composed music and lyrics draws you into the play, seamlessly engaging the audience and allows you to feel a part, investing your emotions and feeling as the characters feel. 

There really isn't much that I can say that I dislike about this musical. It has tragedy, romance, murder, suspense, and a brilliant ending. I love the ending the most (not because it's over) but because of the symbolic meaning behind the mask and the so called end of the phantom of the opera theatrics. 


All in all, I give this 4 out of 5 phantom masks.

As always, leave me a comment and let me know what you think, or just say hi!

Farewell,
Lord Severus

No comments:

Post a Comment