Friday 21 December 2012

It's not the end.


Hello from the muggle world,

It appears the prediction of the end of the world is false because we are still here!

It is an interesting mechanism, how the muggle world copes with the unknown by creating and unfortunately believing in some of these imaginations. I'm pretty sure the Minister of Magic would be very interested to know and perhaps could help advice the muggle minister.

Well, moving pass that, I am currently touring the muggle world and observing how muggles behave during the Christmas holidays and I must say they do act like us. They buy gifts for love ones, the stores are often filled to the brim with muggles and for those magical folk who wonder, the conversion is 1 Galleon is to 5 Pounds and about 10 Dollars. I have included a link (below the image) for those who are curious to find out about other types of currencies.


I have been enjoying myself in the muggle world. They have this thing called room service (which is a little like the house elves if you will) that brings up items that you have requested though the telephone. The telephone is another thing that's rather interesting. It's a little like using the Floo powder and the Floo network except you don't see the person you are talking to, only voices appear to be transmitted. So, you use the telephone to order food or other items that you require and these muggles deliver them to your room. I am honestly amazed at how these muggles work around not being able conjure magic.

Ah! While waiting for my dinner, I have found out about this thing called YouTube. It is a collection of shorter movies. I do not understand some of them but Hermione has told me that anyone can post videos (that's what they call our pictures, but it isn't in a loop like ours, it has a start and stop like movies) there. Anyone! I am thinking of putting some stuff up there but that would require some learning of the video recorder (the thing used to make the video) and the navigation of the YouTube. As they say, you are never too old to learn.

Here is one of those videos on YouTube to get you in the mood for Christmas. Enjoy!

Pentatonix - Carol of the Bells


Leave a comment, let me know what you think, subscribe and share. Thank you for reading!

Farewell,
Lord Severus

No comments:

Post a Comment