Monday 7 October 2013

Rowdy students

Hello again,

It's been a while and I've decided to steal a little free time for myself. I'm honestly feeling rather overwhelmed by the new students this year. I don't really understand why these first years are required to be in this class. I suppose, it's a good idea to introduce to them the temptation of the dark arts and guide them to a better path, early on while they are still impressionable. -shrugs-

Anyway, before I start whining about those students, which is all I feel like doing right now, I'm going to include a few little updates on my life. Or what's left of it (narrows eyes at fireplace, the gateway to "hell"). My typing speed has relatively improved from 20 to about 40, considering that I've not spent much time on this muggle thingy for a while, I'll say it's going pretty good. Let's see, what else, I've been reading a few muggle books lately. I have to say, some of their imagination is brilliant.

I have been reading the works of the author Stephen King, and the whole horror, supernatural theme that is quite evident in his writing is intriguing. Perhaps without the knowledge that magic exists, allows a muggle to further create works that had no limitation.

I think that's about it, so, time for some whining and ranting. These first years are so different from past students. It's really quite weird. Gone are the days when students are thirsty for knowledge, gone are the days where these kids are at least slightly respectful to professors, with the occasionally rebellion, but students these days seem to really love being bad for the sake of being bad. It does seem like they do not understand the reasoning behind being evil but just loves being as bad as they can be. Perhaps it's a cry for attention, like what they say about negative attention still being some form of attention.

I'm not sure why the trend seems to be that way now. Could be some psychological after effect of the Second Wizarding War. I honestly do not know but if this is the way things are going, I might be forced to retire early. -chuckles- Might be why this class is required as a first year class now.

Now that I've ranted a little, I should take this chance to walk around the muggle world a little. That does take my mind of things. Perhaps I might need to review my teaching methods. -shrugs- Better make use of what's left of my little free time. Got to head back to Hogwarts in a couple of hours.

This blogging stuff does work wonders.

As always, leave me a comment and let me know what you think, or just say hi!

Farewell,
Lord Severus

No comments:

Post a Comment