Wednesday 24 September 2014

Vanish (game) - My thoughts



Hello again,

Well, as you might know, I have been trying out a few muggle games that are available out there and I would like to talk about this particular game called, Vanish.

Firstly, what is Vanish all about? From what I understand from playing the game, I've been captured by something and thrown into a cell that I'm guessing is beneath a city, in the sewers. I guess, my goal is to escape from the sewers since I do not have a weapon to defend myself.

Perhaps it's because I have not been exposed to such games but I was literally perspiring buckets. My face was soaked by the time I ended the game. Granted, it might not be a good idea to play at night but that was the time when the muggles around me are relatively quiet.

My main thought as I was playing through the game was, "why do the muggles do this?" and I have to say, I am still wondering about that. Ever since I've played this, I have come across many different games that have a similar set up. The main character is always lost, trapped or kidnapped or something along those lines, in a room, an abandoned house, forest, and the list goes on. Do the muggles really enjoy getting spooked that much? I understand that there is a term they use for moments in the game when you are supposed to get scared and it's called, jump scares.

They are basically moments in the game when something usually jumps out at you that is supposed to scare you. These moments are deliberately written into the game to perhaps make it more exciting? I'm not entirely sure about that but I have to admit that I was very much dreading my time spent in the sewers because of those jump scare moments.

I have linked my let's play on the game below, so feel free to check them out and laugh at my failure (SPOILERS!).

I don't want to die.. - Vanish
Lost - Vanish - Part 2

It's a free game so you might want to try it out for yourselves. I am very sure that there are many out there that would perform so much better than I have. For the time being, well, let's just say that I'm playing games that would not rip my heart out every time I play it. Pomfrey is already having a hard time concocting those medicines for my nerves.

As always, leave me a comment and let me know what you think, or just say hi!

Farewell,
Lord Severus

No comments:

Post a Comment